New Jersey State Vaccination Information
Please note: This page is currently under construction.
The links provided may change due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 virus and its vaccine.
Vaccines will be available to all NJ residents, NJ students, and NJ workers throughout the state of New Jersey.
The following New Jerseyans are eligible for vaccination:
- Paid and unpaid healthcare workers
- Residents and workers of long-term care and high-risk congregate care facilities
- First responders including sworn law enforcement and fire professionals
- Individuals aged over 65
- Individuals aged 16-64 that have certain medical conditions that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus
- Pre-K to 12 educators and staff
- Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
Beginning March 15, 2021 vaccine eligibility to will expand to include the following:
Public and local transportation workers including bus, taxi, rideshare airport employees, NJ Transit, and MVC staff; public safety workers; migrant farm workers; indiduals experiencing homelessness and living in shelters.
Beginning March 29, 2021 vaccine eligibility will expand to include:
Food production, agriculture, and food distribution; eldercare and support, warehousing and logistics, social services support staff; elections personnel; hospitality; medical supply chain; postal and shipping services; clergy; Judicial system.
Please visit Covid19.nj.gov for further information.
Beginning Monday, April 5, the following groups of individuals will be eligible for vaccination:
Individuals aged 55-64
Individuals 16 and over with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Developmental disabilities are a group of conditions due to an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas.
Workers in the following jobs:
Communications, IT, media, including communications infrastructure support (engineers, technicians) and members of the press
Laundry services, including workers in laundromats, laundry services, and dry cleaners
Real estate, building, and home services, including construction workers, code officials, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, property management, and maintenance workers
Retail financial institutions, including bank tellers, lending service, public accounting, and check cashing workers.
Sanitation, including workers providing disinfection and janitorial services for all essential facilities and modes of transportation; city sanitation workers; residential, commercial, and industrial solid and hazardous waste removal.
Utilities, including electrical generation and supply system, natural gas delivery, nuclear power plant, water supply, telephone, cable/fiber optical/broadband/cellular service workers
Higher Education, including educators and support staff
Librarians, including librarians and support staff at municipal, county, and state libraries (i.e. those not included in K-12 announcement)
Beginning Monday, April 19, the following roups will be eligible for vaccination:
All New Jerseyans ages 16+.
West Orange Township Vaccine Information (includes telephone numbers and information for homebound seniors and residents)
Contact New Jersey COVID-19 Call Center at 1 (855) 568-0545 to speak with a live agent regarding questions and scheduling vaccines from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Make an appointment directly with a vaccination location, listed in the spreadsheet below. View locations in the spreadsheet below or try the new Vaccine Appointment Finder (in beta).
- Register through the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System and get notified when an appointment is available to you through the system. Register here.
- Seniors 65+ can call the senior-specific hotline at 856-249-7007 from 8am to 8pm to schedule dedicated vaccine appointments
- Veterans who receive care from VA health facilities or live in VA long-term care facilities may be eligible for vaccines through the VA. Learn more here.
- Learn more about where and how to get vaccinated.
Register Online for a Vaccine
(At the vaccination site, you will be required to show proof of identity, but not a citizenship or residency requirement.)
At this time New Jerseyans are receiving the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
Essex County COVID-19 Vaccination Locations
(County vaccination sites may required local residency.)
Six Mega-Sites will be opened by the State:
- Atlantic County: Atlantic City Convention Center
- Bergen County: Racetrack at Meadowlands, East Rutherford
- Burlington County: Moorestown Mall
- Gloucester County: Rowan College of South Jersey, Sewell (opened 1/8/21)
- Middlesex County: New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center, Edison
- Morris County: Rockaway Townsquare (opened 1/11/21)
As well as county and local sites. For additional sites: New Jersey Vaccination Locations
- Face masks and social distancing are still required for those who receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- It is currently unknown if recipients of the COVID-19 vaccine are still contagious with the virus.
- The Moderna and Pfizer vaccinations are not interchangeable, you will receive one of the two options for both of your vaccines. The Moderna vaccine has a 28 day period between vaccines, Pfizer has a 21 day interval.
- Information regarding children receiving the COVID-19 vaccination is forthcoming.
- CDC information regarding the COVID variants.