New Jersey State Vaccination Information
Please note: This page is currently under construction.
The links provided may change due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 virus and its vaccine.
Vaccines will be available to all NJ residents, NJ students, and NJ workers throughout the state of New Jersey.
The following New Jerseyans are eligible for vaccination:
All New Jerseyans ages 12+.
A Note From Mayor Parisi:
Hello.this is Mayor Robert Parisi.
All residents, ages 16 and over, are now eligible to receive the COVID 19 vaccine. Please check out the Township's website at www.westorange.org for more details and go to essexcovid.org to schedule an appointment.
The Township of West Orange has two programs to assist residents with obtaining a COVID 19 vaccine.
First, the Essex County Pilot Program will schedule and transport Senior residents, ages 60 and over, to a Vaccine Center site located at the Stephen Adubato Sports Complex in Branch Brook Park, in Newark.
West Orange Senior Transportation program will provide door-to-door, round-trip service to the site. Pick up and return will occur to and from each eligible resident's home.
Transportation and vaccines will be scheduled on a weekly basis, for Wednesday mornings.
Second, if you are a Homebound Resident (either bedbound or have difficulty leaving your home), you may be eligible to have a COVID vaccine administered at your residence.
The Township of West Orange has partnered with registered nurses from Montclair State University School of Nursing to make this possible.
Currently, the Moderna vaccine is being offered for both these programs.
To register for either program, please contact:
Laura Van Dyke or Noelia Perez at 973-325-4105.
Call today to take advantage of these programs and schedule a vaccination.
West Orange Township Vaccine Information (includes telephone numbers and information for homebound seniors and residents)
Contact New Jersey COVID-19 Call Center at 1 (855) 568-0545 to speak with a live agent regarding questions and scheduling vaccines from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
- Make an appointment directly with a vaccination location, listed in the spreadsheet below. View locations in the spreadsheet below or try the new Vaccine Appointment Finder (in beta).
- Register through the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System and get notified when an appointment is available to you through the system. Register here.
- Seniors 65+ can call the senior-specific hotline at 856-249-7007 from 8am to 8pm to schedule dedicated vaccine appointments
- Veterans who receive care from VA health facilities or live in VA long-term care facilities may be eligible for vaccines through the VA. Learn more here.
- Learn more about where and how to get vaccinated.
Register Online for a Vaccine
(At the vaccination site, you will be required to show proof of identity, but not a citizenship or residency requirement.)
At this time New Jerseyans are receiving the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
Essex County COVID-19 Vaccination Locations
(County vaccination sites may required local residency.)
Six Mega-Sites will be opened by the State:
- Atlantic County: Atlantic City Convention Center
- Bergen County: Racetrack at Meadowlands, East Rutherford
- Burlington County: Moorestown Mall
- Gloucester County: Rowan College of South Jersey, Sewell (opened 1/8/21)
- Middlesex County: New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center, Edison
- Morris County: Rockaway Townsquare (opened 1/11/21)
As well as county and local sites. For additional sites: New Jersey Vaccination Locations
- Face masks and social distancing are still required for those who receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- It is currently unknown if recipients of the COVID-19 vaccine are still contagious with the virus.
- The Moderna and Pfizer vaccinations are not interchangeable, you will receive one of the two options for both of your vaccines. The Moderna vaccine has a 28 day period between vaccines, Pfizer has a 21 day interval.
- Information regarding children receiving the COVID-19 vaccination is forthcoming.
- CDC information regarding the COVID variants.