The Library is open!
Please carefully read the following for restrictions and guidelines.
Special Hours for Seniors (65+) and vulnerable populations:
Mondays-Fridays 10:00-11:00 AM
Saturdays 9:00-10:00 AM
Sundays 1:00-2:00 PM
- Only West Orange residents and WOPL cardholders will be allowed to enter the building and borrow materials.
- Do NOT enter if you have the following symptoms, instead seek medical help:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- No children under 12 will be admitted without a parent or caretaker.
- Books returned to the book drops ONLY. Staff will not accept returns.
- Check-in required: Bring your West Orange Library Card, Town ID or state ID for proof of residency.
- Temperature will be taken prior to entry.
- Cloth face masks are required** at all times while inside. (This does NOT include shirts, hands, etc.) Masks must cover mouth and nose.
- Wash hands frequently or use alcohol based disinfectant (do not fill personal containers from library containters).
- Entrance Only: Gaston Street (Parking lot), Exit Only: Mount Pleasant Avenue
- Curbside and other options for library services that do not require entering the building will continue. Please call 973-736-0198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Maximum capacity: 50 people
- Social distancing [minimum of six (6) feet] is required.
- No computer guest passes.
- Limit is 2 people in the restroom at one time (except parents or caretaker with small children).
- Each comptuer terminal will be sprayed down between patrons with an eight minute window for drying.
- Door knobs and high touch surfaces will be sprayed frequently throughout the day.
- Tables are for individual use with the exception of "immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners." If you need more chairs please ask.
- Please limit your time in the library so that others may use it.
- Library hours have been adjusted to:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 10:00-7:00 PM
- Tuesdays and Fridays 10:00-5:30 PM
- Saturdays 9:00-1:00 PM indoor and curbside available, 1-5 curbside ONLY
- Sundays 1:00-5:00 PM
*These rules are subject to change without notice.
**If patrons are unable to wear a mask due to health reasons, please contact the library to discuss accommodations 973-736-0196. Children under 2 years are not required to wear a mask for safety reasons.