To be a teen volunteer, please fill out the volunteer application form and return to the Youth Services department.
Click HERE to view and print the volunteer application.
Please note that unless otherwise noted, all teen volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
*YEAR ROUND OPPORTUNITIES*
CHILDREN'S ROOM AND TEEN ZONE HELPER.
Duties May Include:
- Organizing books that have been returned to the library for reshelving
- Interfiling books back to their proper places on our shelves
- Helping to maintain the order and appearance of the Children's Room and Teen Zone
- Shelf-Reading in order to double check that all books are in their proper place
TEEN ADVISORY GROUP MEMBER
- Click Here for details about T.A.G.
- Help prep materials for children's programs
- Assist at our various children's programs, like our monthly STEAM programs and our Harry Potter Club
BOOK REVIEWER (6th grade and up)
- Do you love to read? Do you love to share your opinion about what you've read? Earn volunteer hours by reading and reviewing Young Adult books that are new to the library! Your review will be posted to our website HERE and our Teen Tumblr Account HERE. How Cool Is That?
- To become a book reviewer, send a note of interest and a sample review to the Teen Librarian. (*note: please temporarily send to the Head of Youth Services, Faith Boyle, email@example.com*)
*SUMMER ONLY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES*
Help to build a better world for your library by becoming a WOPL volunteer this summer!
READING BUDDIES (6th grade and up)
- Do you have dreams of being a teacher one day? Do you wan to help motivate young readers? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! Our Reading Buddy Volunteers encourage children who are learning to read by reading stories aloud together.